I have traveled a lot with the kids while Aaron stayed busy at work. Most recently, I returned from my childhood hometown of Paducah, KY, where I attended the funeral of my best friend's dad. I grew up alongside Mary Liz, many people confusing us with being sisters because we were together so often. The special thing about it is that we were like sisters. Her family was my family, and vice versa. The news of her dad passing away was very difficult for me. It made me want to rush to Atlanta afterwards and hug my parents and not let go! I was reminded how precious our time here together is and we should cherish every moment. Please pray for these people that I love. Stan Lafferty was an incredible family man and leaves behind the most precious family you could ever meet. Please pray for his wife, Glenda, and their two daughters Laura and Mary Liz, and son Glenn. Also his four young grandchildren, Caleb, Callie, Jackson and Jace. They are comforted by the peace of knowing that Stan is with the Lord but they are still dealing with the heartbreak this devastating loss brings. He had been battling heart trouble for the past several years and his wife had said, "Every day is a gift." Laura's husband, Mark, said it best..."Our hearts are hurting but Stan's heart is healed." I know they welcome your prayers during this difficult time.
I have posted several pictures. It was the best way I knew how to touch on the highlights of our summer. It is hard to believe it is time for another school year to begin. Stay tuned for "First Day" pictures coming next week! Until then, here our some snapshots of our summer...
My favorite picture...classic Jake!
An exciting sight for us on June 22nd!
Our new home, built in 1932.
(This was taken a couple of months ago, as
you can see from the bare trees.)
Jake's 5th birthday was July 13th!
We celebrated with cousins and a pool
party in the backyard.
Gracie loves the chocolate birthday cake!
Jake loved his Transformers Bumblebee helmet!
(I'm learning about things like this.)
My most exciting deal of the summer. A new patio
set for under $400. Better Homes and Gardens at
Wal-Mart. I love a bargain!
Gracie is growing so fast and saying
something new everyday!
Taken after Lauren was tested for her new
school. She begins 2nd grade next week!
After the move, we came across this old
Just me and my girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment