Friday, August 15, 2008

A Great Vacation

It has been a while since my last post and so I thought I'd give a quick update on all that we have been doing. Given the emotional heaviness of the last few weeks, Aaron and I were very excited to be taking our family on an end of the summer vacation. We had a wonderful time spending a week at my family's beach house in Seacrest Beach, Florida. Seacrest is located on the panhandle of Florida, between Panama City Beach and Destin. It is just a few miles from some more well-known beaches, such as Seaside and Rosemary Beach. It provides a heavenly retreat for us whenever we have the opportunity to visit. My parents have gone to great lengths to provide a vacation spot where we can all go and still feel at home. It is so refreshing to be there and yet still be surrounded by the familiar things of home. There are family photos throughout the house, toys for the kids, our family's favorite movies to watch and old beach chairs that my parents used to sit in and watch my sisters and I play on the beach. I walk through the house and I feel the warmth of my parents love for their children and grandchildren. It provides us all with exactly what we need...relaxation!

Lauren and Jake have fun posing for the camera!




Lauren waits for a ride on the golf cart!



Lauren loves to be knocked over by the waves while she searches for shells!




Gracie and Aaron dry off after a morning swim!



There's nobody cooler than Jake!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my - that pic of Lauren on the beach where you can just see the silhouette is beautiful. Your kids are so precious!!!!