Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

Today is November 4th...the day we have anxiously awaited for many months now. All of the political rhetoric will be forced to an end, and the voters will finally have their say! I was excited to go to the polls today to cast my vote but I'm even more excited to watch 2 years of this political ping-pong come to an end tonight. I assume that like me, you are all exhausted by the incessant media coverage of this political race. I don't ever remember election coverage dragging on for this long, but with the primaries, national conventions, and the 900 debates, it has felt like an eternity! I just pray that in some way, after tonight, it will all be worth it.

There has been a lot of discussion about the needs of "middle America" or "Average Joes." I can really simplify this one for them. As an "average mom" from Tennessee, what I crave most of all is a candidate who is honest! I want someone with a strong moral character, with an understanding of what is most important to me and my family. One who will provide protection for our country in this time of war. One who will take a serious stand for our environment and create energy independence for our nation. And most importantly, I want a President who will use my tax dollars with INTEGRITY! Is this too much to ask of our leader?

Either way this comes down tonight, it truly will be an historic election. I feel very proud to be able to share with my children the importance of this day. I am excited to see where we go from here.

Time to go watch this all unfold...

No comments: