Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Our Newest Obsession

So I thought I would share a little about mine and Aaron's favorite pastime these days. Thanks to our great friends, Tiffany and Justin, we are going to have to enter an addiction therapy group for those obsessed with the series 24. For those of you who know me well, you know that I'm not a huge action junkie. I am a classic chick-flick kind of girl and so I've been quite surprised with how much I have loved this show! My sister and brother-in-law have raved about it for years but we never watched it until Tiffany and Justin loaned us the first season when Gracie was a little baby. It is the greatest thing to have when you are in what I lovingly refer to as "Baby Boot Camp." You know what I'm talking about, you're exhausted, up at all hours of the night and your only TV options for a 4 AM feeding are Elimidate and Infomercials. Well, this became a great new option for us and after watching just a couple of episodes of Season 1, we were hooked!

So fast forward to my 31st birthday at the beginning of this month and Tiffany, that great friend I mentioned earlier, gifted me with the Season 2. It was all over after that! Aaron and I were useless for days. We had a million things to do and we found ourselves glued to this show! It was crazy! We blazed through Season 2 and went right on to Season 3...here is where that addiction part begins to come into play. After Season 3, you guessed it, we bought Season 4. Yes, we need help but my point to all of this is...if you haven't ever watched this show I HIGHLY recommend it. You can rent the full seasons at Blockbuster or Netflix. You can even buy them an episode at a time on Amazon, just to see if you like it. Start with the first season and go from there. I guarantee you'll be hooked and you can blame me for all the things you will neglect in your life during this process. The show is currently in it's 7th season, so it looks like we are in it for the long haul. It's a great ride though!

3 comments:

Josh Stringer said...

Just a heads up...last season (6)..not so good. They have made up for it this year. Shana and I went through a similar "24-syndrome" a few years ago which resulted in massive sleep loss and then Shana blew up something at work...it wasn't pretty. Just kidding about the work thing. Enjoy.

Tiffany Travis Sexton said...

I'm not sure if I should say I'm sorry, or your welcome!

Erin said...

My husband and I will be right beside you in 24 rehab. We are completely addicted!