Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Family Fun

We had a great reason to celebrate this past weekend. Jake turned 4 years old on Sunday, July 13th! I can't believe my little man is four!! He is growing so quickly and I just want to freeze him in time! He is so much fun and can melt my heart with one glance. I took some pictures over the weekend. Some of them are from Sunday, when Jake was opening his presents and others are just pictures of fun at home. My mom always tells me to savor these moments and that the years when my children are young will be some of the best years of my life. I can see what she means. It just gets better and better!

Let's get this party started!


Jake gets a Leapster!

Gracie and Daddy watch the fun!


I laugh at this picture every time I see it. I had been trying to capture a smiling picture of Jake but he kept closing his eyes in every shot. I said, "Jake, smile and try not to close your eyes this time." This is the one I got. He certainly did what I asked of him! You can see how hard he is concentrating to keep those eyes open.

Gracie has fun playing ball with Mommy!

Look at that sweetness...


"I'm almost ready to crawl to you, Mommy!"



Lauren, a professional present unwrapper, is ready to offer her services to Jake at any time!




After a great time of worship at our church, a wonderful birthday lunch with our close friends, and the excitement of unwrapping Jake's presents, Gracie and Mommy head off for a nap!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh. My heart just melted! Jake looks so different. I guess in the close up pics I could tell me. He is full boy, not a hint of baby left. He is precious, as well as your daughters. I liked your comment about Lauren being willing to offer gift wrapping services. Gracie has gotten taller and has no tongue hanging out. (: Jakes eyes are straight ahead. God is so good. I am so sad we don't live near each other. Love you and your family bunches!!