Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hip Hip Hooray!

Aside from the joy of seeing each of my three children for the first time, I have never been more joyful than I am right now! Okay, so that is a bit of an exaggeration but all of you moms out there will understand my blissful state when I say that...JAKE IS FINALLY POTTY-TRAINED!! Hallelujah! Praise Jesus! This has been the most frustrating process to date. Lauren was an absolute breeze to potty-train, so naturally I never thought I would have a hard time training Jake. Wow, was I ever wrong!! I just had to keep telling myself not to worry and that it wasn't like he would walk across the stage at his high school graduation in a Huggies Pull-up. He would eventually get the hang of it. Though my patience was wearing thin, I was determined more than ever. There was no way I wanted to continue to buy diapers for 2 out of my 3 children. My plan was that when we returned from Disney World, the "Diaper Fairy" was coming to our house one night and would take all of Jake's Pull-Ups away. It sounds so silly, but to a 3 year old, it made perfect sense. We had a couple of accidents but now he really seems to be excited that he knows how to go potty like a big boy. I've cheered, jumped up and down and hugged him every time he makes it to the potty. He is so proud of himself and I am truly joyful now that I only have 1 in diapers! This is truly a "Hallelujah Moment" for me!

1 comment:

Josh Stringer said...

Congrats. I remember when we got Bogie and Zoe to poop outside...oh wait, it's not the same. HaHa!