Do you ever look back on your life and the friendships of your youth and find yourself reminiscing about old times and old friends? I know that I do. Ecclesiastes 3:1 says, "To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven." I believe this applies to our friendships also. Some friendships endure the test of time and some are just there for a season. I look back and see many friends who were part of my life only for a short period of time but they played an integral role in my life and will always be part of who I am today. I will always look back on my years in high school and college with incredible fondness and have great appreciation for those that walked that road with me. My youth was filled with mistakes but ones I am grateful for because they taught me a great deal about love, friendship, and forgiveness. Those days feel like a lifetime ago but the people who were part of that time in my life have made a permanent imprint on my heart. During those years, we grew up together, we discovered new things about ourselves, we dreamed about our future and we struggled to overcome obstacles that stood in our way. Now, we have gone down our own paths. We are creating new lives with our significant others, making new friends, and building our own homes and families. Though there is great distance between many of us now, one thing is certain, nothing can ever erase what they have meant to me in my life. They have walked part of this journey with me and for that reason, I will carry a piece of them with me wherever I go.
What an amazing journey the past 12 years has been for us. We are incredibly blessed to be surrounded by a loving circle of family and friends. We look forward to sharing a little bit of our lives with you. Every day is an adventure around here! We thank God for the amazing joy that he has given us and pray that He will be glorified in all that we do!
Monday, June 16, 2008
"A friend loves at all times...Proverbs 17:17"
Do you ever look back on your life and the friendships of your youth and find yourself reminiscing about old times and old friends? I know that I do. Ecclesiastes 3:1 says, "To every thing there is a season and a time to every purpose under the heaven." I believe this applies to our friendships also. Some friendships endure the test of time and some are just there for a season. I look back and see many friends who were part of my life only for a short period of time but they played an integral role in my life and will always be part of who I am today. I will always look back on my years in high school and college with incredible fondness and have great appreciation for those that walked that road with me. My youth was filled with mistakes but ones I am grateful for because they taught me a great deal about love, friendship, and forgiveness. Those days feel like a lifetime ago but the people who were part of that time in my life have made a permanent imprint on my heart. During those years, we grew up together, we discovered new things about ourselves, we dreamed about our future and we struggled to overcome obstacles that stood in our way. Now, we have gone down our own paths. We are creating new lives with our significant others, making new friends, and building our own homes and families. Though there is great distance between many of us now, one thing is certain, nothing can ever erase what they have meant to me in my life. They have walked part of this journey with me and for that reason, I will carry a piece of them with me wherever I go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, I hope we never grow apart. I am excited to see you in July. I miss you, and it breaks my heart to think we might not live in the same place again!!
Post a Comment