Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Disney World

We've just returned this past week from an incredible vacation at Disney World. We had a fabulous time and loved every minute of the seven days we were there! We had our own little caravan journeying down to Orlando with us. Both of my sisters came with their families and we met up with Grammy and Granddaddy (a.k.a my Mom and Dad) at our Disney World Resort. Just some quick math, so that you have the full picture of what we were dealing with...there were 7 adults and 7 CHILDREN! The ages of the children are 6 months, 3, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7. Imagine navigating a group of 14 through all four Disney World parks. It was crazy but definitely worth every exhausting moment. I think what I loved most of all was that there was absolutely nothing for us to do other than enjoy being with our children. It was so great to see their eyes light up when they would spot their favorite ride or Disney character. Lauren was big enough to even enjoy some of the bigger attractions. Her new favorite ride is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I thought that she might be a little scared of a bigger rollercoaster but little did I know! As we heard the click, click, click sound of the rollercoaster making it's way up the hill, I looked over at Lauren and she has her hands up in the air! Not only was she not scared, she was READY for it! Aaron and I were quite excited. As two people who love all rollercoasters, it was a proud moment for us!


We stayed at the Boardwalk Inn Resort and it was beautiful. It was always refreshing to come back to the room after a LONG day in the park. The swimming pool was enormous and Aaron took Lauren and Jake to swim every evening. There were waterfalls and slides, basically any child's dream. Gracie even did great each day. My dad found a little fan that we attached to her stroller and that was a lifesaver. It helped keep her cool on the really hot days. I also just made several trips to the Baby Care Center in each park where I could rock her, feed her and give her a chance to really cool down. All in all, everyone was comfortable and happy and we just loved spending that time together.



I feel so blessed to have even had the opportunity to take such a wonderful vacation. Disney World is definitely not cheap and is certainly not something Aaron and I could afford to do right now. This actually came as a gift from my Dad. Last November, at the celebration of his 15th Anniversary working for the Georgia Baptist Convention, the Executive Committee asked him what he would want as his gift of appreciation. Without hesitation, he said he wanted to take his family and all of his grandchildren to Disney World. For those of you who know my Dad, this would not come as a surprise at all. Dad is a devoted family man and always has been. Needless to say, Aaron and I were incredibly grateful that we were able to take Lauren, Jake and Gracie on such a special vacation.



I will post more photos of our trip soon. We took almost 200 pictures! I just haven't had a chance to go through them all yet.

No comments: